Custom Search

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time for Plan B... DVDPlay


Well, Plan A was to buy a redbox, fill it up with new releases every week, sell the older ones, and keep one of every new movie that I wanted for my own personal DVD library. Plan A was a REALLY REALLY great plan!! The only problem was that it was not based on any form of reality, but rather wishful thinking :)

Plan B was going to have to include a little more due diligence. I set off to Google everything thing I could imagine relating to DVD Vending Machines. For starters, what in the world are these things called, DVD Vending Machines, DVD Machines, or maybe DVDs in a box? Turns out they are called DVD Kiosks. Now that I knew what to call them, I needed to find out what other brands of DVD Kiosks were available. There are actually quite a few.

My search turned up a lot of information about redbox, which we already know is not an option. Next I found a company called DVDPlay. They had a nice looking website, and a pretty good looking machine. The machine actually looked a little bit like a redbox. I was pleased to see that there were nice attractive alternatives. I continued to search the website for operator information, but was not able to find any, and subsequent Google searches came up empty. I gave DVDPlay a call, and was sent to voicemail when I selected the option for the Sales Department. Instead of leaving a message, and hoping someone would call me back, I hung up and dialed the number again, this time selecting the customer service option. I figured if anyone was going to be manning a phone it would be customer service. If they didn't have a customer service department that would answer the phone, I was pretty sure I did not want to look into that company further anyway. CS did answer, and a nice person there informed me that they did not offer the option for an individual operator to purchase a machine from them. She did not rule the option out for the future, but knew of no plans for now.

So a second red machine, and a second dead end. At least I now knew that redbox was not the only show in town, so I marked DVDPlay off my list and moved on....

Related Videos...

We have 3 videos of various quality on today's post


Crappy DVDPlay music video - It is hard to look away (you have been warned)



Informative



DVDPlay VS. Puppies - Who do you think will win? (Apparently recorded by Ray Romano)

No comments:

 
Custom Search