Custom Search

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ok... I have a ton of questions


After I found DVDNow, I was pretty sure this was the company I wanted to go with. I decided to give the Sales Department a call, and see if finally one of these companies would answer my phone call without me having to call the Customer Service number. A nice lady answered my call, and sent me to the guy in charge of my region of the country. His name was Gordon, and sounded less like a salesman, and more like a guy who new everything about, and loved the industry. He reminded me of an Uncle who knew everything about everything, and I really liked him.

We talked for about 15 minutes, and he told me why the industry was poised to be huge, and why DVDNow was a great choice. After our call, I was even more sure that this was the way to go, so I sat down and wrote down some questions, so I could call Gordon back and pick his brain.

Who Maintains the Stock?

Where does the Stock come from?

Are there example reports that I can see?

What is the potential for Income?

How long to stock and maintain the machine?

How much time at the actual machine?

How do I get customer email addresses, so I can do promotions?

Best route for financing?

Monthly cost for backend software?

Can my movie be returned to another machine if I own more than one?

Maintenance?

Indoor or Indoor/Outdoor?

How much to get up and running?

What if I don't want to offer R Rated Movies?

How do you know if the returned movie case has a movie in it?

Who provides the Box art for the side panels?

Over the next few posts I will start to answer these questions with as much detail as I can. Some of these questions generated more questions, which I will answer as I come down the list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,
My husband and I are in the process of purchasing several DVDNow kiosks. Our DVD representative is great, we had most of the same questions that you have. We think this is a great business opportunity and are so excited to start it up! Good luck to you!

Jason's Blog Central said...

Hi aloha_rj,
I am so glad to see your comment. That is awesome that you guys are getting some kiosks too. Keep me posted on your progress.

Unknown said...

Hi, I am also in the process of buying 2 dVDNOW Kiosks and appreciate any info anyone can give me.

 
Custom Search